- Is your personnel evaluation system formative in nature, does it promote and foster improvement in instruction and leadership?
- Does your approach to evaluation align with your district's values, vision, and goals?
- Does your system clarify observable behaviors and/or practices that articulate differences between high and low performance?
- Are the evaluated behaviors strongly correlated with high levels of student learning and achievement?
- Is there a research base behind your evaluation system and process?
- Does your system articulate a continuum of professional growth, and provide a structure for teacher and leader reflection and collaboration?
- Do your current processes, policies, and practices align with the purposes of the evaluation system you are considering?
Read more about questions to consider when selecting an evaluation system: